Monday, 31 May 2010
*blatantly ignores all 20 zillion of Matt's cameras and the fact that I already blogged this photo awhile ago *
Sunday, 30 May 2010
Saturday, 29 May 2010
Friday, 28 May 2010
Wednesday, 26 May 2010
A bit of camera geekery that I found on the interwebs.... and Matt ordered for himself of course. But how could he not order a Canon Lens coffee flask? coffee + cameras = a very happy camper. The flask, plus a smaller cup arrived at the studio this morning and Matt says he will bring it home so it can be christened with proper coffee. If you search ebay "canon lens coffee tumbler' there will be a bunch that pop up if you NEED to have this bit of camera geekery for yourself!
Wednesday, 19 May 2010
Charity Book Sale
Saturday 29th of May
7am till 12pm
The Red Lion
My good friend Marina is hosting a charity book sale in Ripley, Derbyshire on Saturday the 29th of May. Hundreds of book and comics have been donated for the sale and I have been helping to sort them into some semblance of order. So please if you are a local blogger/crafter please pop by the Book Sale and buy a book or two. I'll be there lending Marina a hand and probably buying a few books myself.
All proceeds for the sale will be donated to CLIC Sargent
Tuesday, 18 May 2010
Monday, 17 May 2010
Illusion by Paula Volsky, I have read the book twice and would happily read it again if I hadn't inadvertently traded it in sometime in California or Idaho. I may need to order the book again so that I have it and can read it again. Its set in an alternative Earth of the French Revolution where magic exists. I really enjoyed the book it is beautifully descriptive and utterly fascinating.
Sunday, 16 May 2010
I think that this question needs a special show though, so I choose Supernatural not for the pretty, or the awesome tunes, northe monster of the week, or the car, or the pie, or the epic cheeseyness but for the friendship that show has brought me. Supernatural lead to a friendship with Flame and Serenity, who are fabulous and I have met them not just on my computer but have met them in the real world too. Supernatural is that awesome it brings friends together.
Saturday, 15 May 2010
Friday, 14 May 2010
Day 01 — A favourite song
Day 02 — A favourite movie
Day 03 — A favourite television program
Day 04 — A favourite book
Day 05 — A favourite quote
Day 06 — Whatever tickles your fancy
Day 07 — A photo that makes you happy
Day 08 — A photo that makes you angry/sad
Day 09 — A photo you took
Day 10 — A photo of you taken over ten years ago
Day 11 — A photo of you taken recently
Day 12 — Whatever tickles your fancy
Day 13 — A fictional book
Day 14 — A non-fictional book
Day 15 — A fanfic
Day 16 — A song that makes you cry (or nearly)
Day 17 — An art piece (painting, drawing, sculpture, etc.)
Day 18 — Whatever tickles your fancy
Day 19 — A talent of yours
Day 20 — A hobby of yours
Day 21 — A recipe
Day 22 — A website
Day 23 — A YouTube video
Day 24 — Whatever tickles your fancy
Day 25 — Your day, in great detail
Day 26 — Your week, in great detail
Day 27 — This month, in great detail
Day 28 — This year, in great detail
Day 29 — Hopes, dreams and plans for the next 365 days
Day 30 — Whatever tickles your fancy
so Day 1 a favourite song....
I have alot of favourite songs/albums, and each one means something difrent. I sometimes get obsessed with one and need to listen to it over and over so i can day dream/imagine stories/ think things through while I'm listening to it.... the last song I was obsessed with was....
Her Name is Alice by Shinedown (I also was obsessed with the cover of Simple Man they did)
Tuesday, 11 May 2010
100 things about me
1. I love lists and memes.
2. I am an excellent procrastinator (see number 1)
3. I have never made friends very easily.
4. I hate parties and social situations with more than a few people.
5. I’m a terrible housewife.
6. I love to cook.
7. I never follow recipes to the letter, I prefer to make things my own way and document the success or failure of the dish.
8. I hate blackcurrant.
9. I’m very often homesick for the States and would move back in a heartbeat if Matt would agree to it.
10. I live in my head more than I should.
11. I like to make other people happy, more than myself.
12. I can knit but I have difficulty understanding knitting patterns.
13. I am trying to learn to crochet...
14. It isn’t going very well.
15. I have a package of Reece’s Pieces in the cupboard calling my name.
16. I’m not nearly as witty and funny as i wish I was.
17. I write stories but not many people get to read the despite having a writing blog.
18. I always dreamed of writing a book, but have always talked myself out of it once I start writing.
19. I have been working on a fairy tale for 2 years and keep avoiding finishing it.
20. I don’t believe in myself.
21. I am not comfortable in my own skin.
22. I think I am a pretty good mother.
23. I doubt that I am a good mother.
24. I’m allergic to broccoli, sage, and bananas.
25. I love watching bad movies.
26. Book shops are my happy place I could spend days in a bookshop.
27. I’m currently obsessed with reading about bento boxes, I bought H one a while ago but have only used it once, so I’m researching. For the record they are amazing.
28. I love to listen to music when I’m walking, cooking, gardening, crafting.
29. I never believe my crafts are any good.
30. I still craft anyway.
31. I love estate sales and yard sales, but am not bothered about English Car Boot Sales.
32. I have never broken any bones.
33. I’m not a girly girl.
34. I rarely ever leave the house without makeup on.
35. My hair never does what I want it to do.
36. I hate British weather. winter lasts for 3 seasons and sometimes 4.
37. I love cheese.
38. I can’t abide fruity chocolate.
39. I hate shopping for clothes.
40. I love coffee, but I’m very fussy, it must be proper espresso, and won’t drink a coffee if they have scalded the milk.
41. I have very bad eyes, the world is a blur when I take my glasses off.
42. I can’t type for beans.
43. I dream of owning a Kitchen Aid standing mixer.
44. I can’t drive.
45. I cook most things from scratch, aside from the occasional take away or frozen pizza.
46. When I was little I wanted to be a girly Indian Jones...till I realized he was really a crap archaeologist.
47. I don’t drink, (more than a sip or two) though I cook with wine and cider.
48. I like to neaten things, and organize them. I hate clutter on kitchen counters.
49. I would love to have a dog, but Matt says no and it probably wouldn’t be fair to a dog when we go away to visit my parents for weeks at a time.
50. I hate mice, their tales freak me out.
51. I vaguely aspire to a rock-a-billy style, but am really to laze to be bothered about fashion much, I just love the hair ( Bettie Page style)
52. I love gothic things, and have always worn a lot of black, watched movies/read books in a gothic way but never could be assed to go goth.
53. I once temped at a stamp company in Santa Rosa, but never owned any stamps till recently.
54. I love fabric with text on it.
55. I take crap photographs, but that’s ok, because I married a photographer.
56. If it wasn’t for the show X- Files I may never have met Matt.
57. i‘m listening to Velvet Revolver while I write this.
58. I watch too much tv. House, Supernatural, Criminal Minds, CSI: Wherever, Bones, Fringe, True Blood, the one about the Geeks, Glee, Legend of the Seeker
59. I’m a Browncoat... for those of you as geeky as I.
60. I rarely watch chick flicks and prefer action movies, sci-fi, fantasy, horror
61. I am very reserved and hide my emotions until I crack, start crying and can’t stop.
62. I suffer from depression.
63. I get very homesick for the States.
64. I love jelly belly jelly beans.
65. I’m a pretty decent cook, and love to potter about the kitchen.
66. I hate my photo being taken...so I married a photographer.
67. If I ever manage to finish this list I will make some sugar scrub.
68. The last movie I watched was Carriers, apocalyptic virus type movie.
69. Last night I watched thee episodes of The Big Bang Theory.
70. I have never broken a bone.
71. I started sewing some quilt blocks but only got as far as making 6 before abandoning the project. ( I will go back to it when I have learned to use my sewing machine a bit more)
72. I love cookbooks
73. But I rarely cook recipes exactly as they are printed.
74. I’ve never been drunk. (I’m too much of a control freak for that)
75. I drink full fat coca-cola none of that diet sh*t.
76. I should be sorting out the laundry now.
77. I really wish it was warm out so I could sit in the garden with my notebook/sketch book.
78. I hate cracking the spines on books, and will go out of my way not to.
79. I love pens and notebooks.
80. I’m a good navigator.
81. I have difficulty buying things for myself but love buying for others.
82. I am fiercely protective of H and his friends, and will not hesitate to tell off other kids that are being little shits to them.
83. I can’t stand when people talk with their mouths full of food, it winds me up terribly.
84. The last book I read was Too Many Curses by A Lee Martinez.
85. I’m so grateful for the blogging craft community for being such a happy and inspiring place.
86. I have dyed my hair, red, strawberry blonde, purple, and black.
87. My hair is naturally brown, like my eyes.
88. I never do my nails.
89. I live in my jeans.
90. I don’t draw as much as I used to, though I have never been that great an artist.
91. I’m an average 5’5”
92. You probably wouldn’t notice me.
93. My birthday was the last day of April.
94. I’m 33. *counts on fingers* yeah that’s right...I think
95. I still can’t put on mascara properly.
96. At night I like to lay still and imagine stories that I rarely ever write down.
97. I worry too much.
98. I like to walk on my own listening to my music lost in my own little world.
99. My ears aren’t pierced.
100. I’m not sure anyone will take the time to read all of this.
Thursday, 6 May 2010
Matt uploaded some photos of our holiday in California and Idaho to our family album... so I'm working on a big post.. I didn't forget its just been a very busy few weeks. So expect a post filled with photos and rambling narrative soon.
Wednesday, 5 May 2010
I just finished sewing this little needle book with some scraps of Cath Kidston fabric and red felt but the light is so terrible that I gave up trying to get a picture of the inside of the needle book. As I already have 3 needle books I don't really need another one but its really too wonky to sell (and re opening my etsy shop for one item seems like a bit of a pain in the ass). I really enjoyed sewing the needle book, the new machine works beautifully and I cant wait to dream up the next project to sew on it.