Wednesday 5 August 2009

1980’s Fantasy Movie Craft Swap


1980’s Fantasy Movie Craft Swap
*******sign up date and send by dates extended*******

Legend, Labyrinth, the Last Unicorn, Flight of Dragons, Dark Crystal, LadyHawk, The Company of Wolves, The Neverending Story, all these movies and more from the 80’s have been among my favourites have inspired me to draw endless unicorns in the margins of my homework, to day dream of being Sarah finding my way through the Labyrinth, finding a dragon’s egg, befriending small goblins and shining unicorns.

Did you dream of flying on the back of the Luck Dragon? Finding One Eyed Willie’s pirate treasure to save your family home? Did you want David Bowie to give you shiny bobbles and tainted peaches? Sing dragons to sleep? Fight Rodents of Unusual Size? We may not live in the movies (quite as much now as we did, and we may possibly torture our offspring by making them watch the Labyrinth again and again...er where was I? ) but we can still craft them. So why not join my 80’s Fantasy Movie Craft Swap? You know you want to make a blue haired worm, or a Conan book cover!

inspiration: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fantasy_films:1980s


Here is how it works:

1. SIGN UP by Monday, August 24th! (the final date for sign ups may be extended depending on interest in the swap) Email me at meridianariel@hotmail.com with the following information:
-Name
-Mailing Address
-Website or Blog Address (or even your flickr photos so that your partner can stalk you:
-your favourite 80’s Fantasy Movie:
Your favourite candy/chocolate/movie treat:

*Swap partners will be chosen randomly by me, and I will email your partner’s details on Monday the 24th if August(though if there are more than 50 or so participating I may need to rope someone in to help me sort out partners)

2. Your parcel should contain:
*Candy (or chocolate) to eat while watching 80’s fantasy movies
*Handmade crafts with the fantasy theme.. (For example The swap can be as simple or as extravagant as you wish, just make sure that the things you send are something you would be happy to receive yourself.
*craft supplies

You don’t need to sell your baby brother(pardon the pun I couldn’t help myself) but make sure you and your partner spend roughly the same amount. I would say spend around £20 ($30 ish)


3. Mail your package by Monday the 5th of October!

4. Take a picture of your swap parcel once you receive it. Upload your images to the 80’s Fantasy Movie Craft Swap flickr account (I‘ll start one soon). More information will be in your confirmation email once you sign up.


Say your right words.....

17 comments:

Unknown said...

woohooo im so in on this one! *digs out labyrinth dvd*

Stray said...

Oh Oh Me too!

Lindsey said...

Don't know if I'm allowed to join as I still haven't finished the last one yet...


...but purrrleeease can I play?

Flame said...

oooh I'm in!

Flame said...

Ooh if I post to Lindsey (dunno how random or secret it is meant to be...) I will feel less guilty when I am inevitably late :D

Becca said...

I now have a list of 80s Fantasy DVDs coming through LoveFilm (for inspiration purposes natch), very excited about this one :)

Chimeraccg said...

Sorry hun, going to have to skip this one, be far to busy with the new store opening :-(

Kathryn said...

I've thought and thought about it, and yes, I'm in!

And this time, I promise to get stuff sent ON TIME!

Caroline said...

I'm in :) I have so many ideas! My OH says can I please stop punishing him with cheesy films now? :D

sonu said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Carmen said...

Oh boy! Did I find this site at the right time! The first post I read is this one. *happy clappy dance* Count me in :D

Miya said...

Oooohhh damn it! Really would like to join in, but don't think I'll have time. Will ponder and email you! =)

urban craft said...

I saw this swap and immediately began to think of a zillion things I would love to make. Unfortunately, I am out of town during the timelines. Bummer, can't wait to see what everyone makes. So cool!

Kitschy Coo said...

Count me in!

Nicola said...

I so enjoyed the last on eI'd like to play wit hthis one too :)
Nicola x

Amanda @RusticRemnants said...

Oh I would love to do this one. Sounds like such a blast and I haven't done any swapping in ages.

Leah said...

Did I make sign up? Please its my all time fav movie...I know every word and the songs!