wooden clothes pegs (or the mini craft pegs)
acrylic paint (orange and black)
1. put a dab of paint onto a small plate and add a little water to it.
2. paint the pegs with the watery paint so that the paint soaks into the wood of the pegs.
3. let the pegs dry (you may need to wipe them down with a cloth or tissue to get a more rustic effect.
4. dab glue onto the back of a vintage button and glue it to your peg.
5. clip your pegs to the twine or anywhere you please. Or give them away as a little gift.
cook's note: its a simple project, a fun thing for kids to help do, great for holding cards, decorations or scraps of fabric. I have misplaces the craft magnets I bought ages ago but if I do find them I plan to stick them to the back of one of the pegs to make a magnetic clip.