Tuesday 7 July 2009

needlebook for Vintage Violet

needle book for Vintage Violet

I made this little needle book yesterday while H watched X-Men Evolution. I was really inspired to get this done as Megan was mooning over the fabric on her blog the other day. I left a comment on her blog saying I make her something with the fabric in exchange for some of her hoard of vintage buttons. She agreed to the swap even after my dire warnings of my wonky sewing abilities.

The button is a vintage red button from a previous order from Megan's haberdashery shop (go on you know you want to visit), so knew the button would be perfect for the needle book. I love the wonky lines of the black thread on the needle book, I think it looks fab, and I really like creating needle books, its been fun and is a small item to craft that leaves me inspired and not frustrated. I have a few ideas for a few more when I receive the fabulous Alice Wonderful fabric tape I ordered from Lilla lotta, and the cute fabric I ordered from Matatabi.


I wish I had ordered more from each shop but I promised M I would be careful with my ordering and not spend more than what I sell in my etsy shop. So in that case I will be adding a few more items to my etsy shop very soon!

7 comments:

Kitschy Coo said...

I really, really love that! Get it in your Etsy shop pronto and I'm sure you'll be able to get some new fabrics :)

x vInTaGe VioLeT x said...

i love it Meri!
noooooo don't listen to kitschyCoo send it to me now! then make a bunch more to sell! can't wait to load it with needles - you wouldn't beleive how often i loose them!

TCN said...

Wow! That fabric is so lovely! Really like it!

Craft Matters said...

Fabby!

Unknown said...

It is fab!!!!

Jenny S said...

I love the fabric and needle book is so cute! xo

Charlie P said...

Those colours are GORGEOUS!!!!
That's a great needlebook- I love the stitching on it. Clever lady :-)