Wednesday 10 March 2010

Go Ask Alice...

everything I sent.. ignore the books.. they are everywhere

Things I made for the Alice in Wonderland Craft Swap...aka how I'm a totally crap photographer and have no skills with image editors and blogger hates me

Ok perhaps things aren't quite that bad but blogger isn't liking me this morning and my photography skills appear to be greatly lacking... next time I will have Matt take photos for me. He can be easily bribed with baked goods and chocolate.

I did really enjoy crafting for the Alice Swap, I felt really inspired to craft and create and just doodle things in my journal and sketchbook. I was really happy with the needle book, the bookmark (made with Anna's fabulous Alice Tape) and the primitive style Cheshire cat in fact a friend of mine asked me to make her one as well so that's not too bad for my lack of sewing skills. :o)

Say Cheese...er Cheshire Cat

Mad Hatter looks like a Mentat

bookmark made with lilla lotta Alice Tape tape


teacup needle book

16 comments:

Kitschy Coo said...

Wow, everything is lovely! Lucky swap partner :)

x vInTaGe VioLeT x said...

wow lovely crafting - my favourite is the "drink me" bottle drawing and the needlecase of course :o)

lillalotta said...

All of it is wonderful!

Anonymous said...

I love that needle book!

Mermaids of the Lake said...

What a fun stash! I love the Chesier cat!

Mermaid Debbie

things we make said...

Lovely stuff!

Chimeraccg said...

Cat is great :-) well all of it is, but the cat is my favourite!

Jenny S said...

Your bookmark is wonderful and I love the cheshire cat... you have a very lucky swap partner :)
xo

jacqueline said...

Dearest Apryl, i love everything too! I am a huge fan of Alice in wonderland. :) Looking forward to the movie this weekend! Have a lovely merry happy day and love to you!

Carmen said...

My favourite character is the Cheshire Cat so yours in particular tickles me :D Have literally today just blogged my own bits that I sent a swapee from a different Alice swap. Loving all this fabby Alice gorgeousness that's around at the moment!

Have you seen the film? We went last weekend. OMG it was fantastic.

Charlie P said...

I LOVE the cheshire cat!

Carmen said...

It's definitely literature - you can swing that :P

You will LOVE the film. Be prepared to come away in love with the Mad Hatter. I am. Totally! *g* I had the bestest surprise as I didn't know Alan Rickman voiced a character and I have loved him for many years. That was a real squeal moment. Much to my OH's embarrassment! :D

Carmen said...

p.s thanks for your comment about my bloggy background. It was from shabbyblogs.com Much loveliness there.

Chrissy said...

beautiful beautiful swap goodies!

Caroline and Jayne said...

Beautiful work x
We have a competition running atm come and check it out on our craft blog www.fiskarettes.co.uk

Jessica Rodarte said...

Crap photographer??! What are you talking about? I love what you sent, too!