Friday 30 May 2008

Vintage Swap


Here are the things that I posted off to my Vintage Swap Partner, so if you are looking Mel and haven't received my package yet DON'T LOOK!
My swap partner is Mel from Sky Rocket Sews who likes the colours red and turquoise. I ran out of time to have the painted page put into a mount or a frame but I hope that Mel likes it, Its one of my favourite painted pages that I have done so far. What me obsessed? probably but I cant help it its just so much fun to paint these little pictures on pages from a broken and battered book, my kind of recycling. I hope she finds some use of the key chain, the red agate, and the turquoise/teal glass bead look amazing together. The books were in a bag of books that came from a relatives attic, they were lovely and I thought that Mel would appreciate them, plus I thought they really fulfilled the Vintage Craft Swap.

red agate and teal glass bead keychain

Painted Page flapper with red necklace


vintage ladybird children's craft books

3 comments:

Hells said...

She has good taste. Turqoise and red are a killer combo!!! I really like the key chain. And yet another of my fetishes on the same page Old Ladybird Books - I can almost smell my old school looking at them.

Unknown said...

lovely lovely lovely!!!

Unknown said...

I do like your storybook pages, very unique. I really love vintage books, can't beat ladybird.
x