Monday 21 February 2011

jelly bean paper parcels

Jelly bean sewn paper parcel

Its half term so that means making a few things with Harrison. If I can tear him away from the DSi or his lego to craft with me. I have tried to get him to bake some cakes, colour, and go for walks. He said no to everything until I said we should make something with jelly beans. That got his attention... bribery always works.
Peep bunny paper pouch

So we used a few pages of my much abused French copy of Lord of the Rings that I found on our last trip to Paris a year and a half ago..or is that two years? We made a simple square pouch first. I folded a sheet of paper in half then Harrison carefully placed the jelly beans inside before I finished sewing the last edge together. Feeling more confident we decided to make something with a slightly more difficult shape. But what could we make? A marshmallow bunny shaped peep! It was a quick fun craft that I had been wanting to try for ages and Harrison loved helping and eating the jelly beans of course.

3 comments:

Frizbe said...

Aww they're lovely :-)

jillytacy said...

What a marvelous idea! These would make great gifts for classmates, family and friends! I love to see what you can create with book pages, it's always inspiring!

Jessica Rodarte said...

Love this! How clever making pouches out of vintage pages!