Tuesday 21 July 2009

of teddy bears playing guitars and little chicks

zippered pouch

*trumpet* do you see this here? this is a zippered pouch and I sewed it! its wonky but straighter then most of the other things I have been making, and I am pleased as punch that it turned out so well for one of H's little school friends birthday party this weekend. Its not lined, give me a bit before I even attempt to do a zippered pouch that is lined but I think it turned out fab. M says I shouldn't have given it away, that I should have sold it in my etsy shop instead. I can only hope that it will be well received by the little girl. H has requested that I make him a zippered pouch for his treasures with the small scrap of robot fabric he has been eyeing in my modest fabric stash.

zippered pouch at a different angle with one of my mini moo cards

H and I also made this little lavender and rice warm bag for his "buddy" at school. She leaves to go to junior school and H is sad and asked if we could make her something special to remember him by. I think that about broke my heart it was such a nice thing for him to want to do. He picked out the fabric, and helped me to sew it on the sewing machine, and then he scooped out dried lavender and rice to fill it up, as it had to be just the right amount. We will be working on teachers gifts later this afternoon when he gets home from school.

chick lavender and rice warm bag

The last few weeks seemed to have been very long and stressful but today had been a good day and have Book Group later tonight. which is a good excuse to have a chat over a nice cup of coffee and to try to ignore the fact that Friday is H's last day of reception year. That means I best start thinking about activities to fill the summer days.

cute chicks

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, total cuteness!

JuanitaTortilla said...

M was right. You should have given it to ME. Not to girl, not for sale at Etsy even.

Kitschy Coo said...

They're both absolutely lovely! Might I remind you that it's my birthday in a couple of weeks? ;)

Jenny S said...

Aww your little boy is so sweet! The pouch and your moo cards are adorable too xo

Anonymous said...

Hi mates, pleasant paragraph and fastidious arguments commented here, I am in fact enjoying by these.


my web blog - tao of badass

Anonymous said...

electronic cigarettes, e cigarette health, smokeless cigarettes, electronic cigarettes reviews, electronic cigarette reviews, electronic cigarette