Friday 11 January 2008

Chinese Painting Beads

chinese painting semi-precious gemstone bracelet
My creativity has taken a bit of a nosedive today with the weather being so gray and miserably outside, and the onset of a headache that defies all medication. Luckily I made the above bracelet last night with Chinese painting semi-precious gemstone beads that I ordered with my hoarded Christmas returns money. I'd not heard of the stone previously but when I saw them on the bead website I was so intrigued that I had to have them to play with. I think they are gorgeous anyway.
I also finished knitting a small card holder out of a scrap of teal wool that was lurking in the bottom of my knitting box. If this headache recedes I plan to do some sketching for some paintings in the living room, M says the pair that are up that match the red/burgundy rug are too small for the wall so they must go. which is a shame because I like the pair even if they are too small.

knitted card holder

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Those beads are really unusual, I've never seen anything like it.
I love the little card holder, I wish I could knit!

Hope the head feels a bit better now - rest up, that'll do the trick.

ps need your help on eyes over at my blog......