Wednesday 2 June 2010

Day 13 — A fictional book

My dad gave me a dog-eared paperback of the Stand when I was a kid, 11 or 12, and of all the Stephen King novels I have read, and the books that I have read since the Stand is still one of my favourite novels. My dad taught me to love books. And more often than not you can find me with my nose in a book, lost to the world I am reading about. Much to Matt's annoyance when I don't respond right away because I'm off in another world fighting dragons, saving star ships, killing vampires and exploring ancient and alien worlds.

I have re-read The Stand 3 or 4 times and may read it again sometime soon, there is something addictive in the epic battle of good verses evil in a world struggling in the aftermath of a super-flu virus that kills 99% of the human population. Its not just the protagonists that I love but the small details from the initial outbreak of the super-flu, though the destruction of civilization, and the struggle to survive in the aftermath.

2 comments:

Kitschy Coo said...

That's one of the only Steven King books I haven't read! Might have to now...

Daisy said...

I read that one last December, love that book! Have you seen the mini series?
I would have NEVER gone through that tunnel! LOL