Tuesday 8 June 2010

Day 20 — A hobby of yours

I think I may collect hobbies, like I collect books, beading, coffee, reading, writing, sewing, knitting badly, painting, sketching, gardening, and a somewhat near suicidal attempt at crochet. I love crafting, the touch and feel of fabrics, buttons and beads, papers and tattered book pages. My hobbies tend to switch on and off, I get obsessive over learning some new craft and then one day my brain will switch off on that and I will start up something new.

But whatever craft I'm dabbling in I think I still love reading more, getting lost in a story is one of my favourite things, to sit curled up by the fire, or in a bubble bath with a drink (coffee of course..or possibly a coke)and a new world to explore is bliss. I will read almost anywhere, even in the car on a straight road, as wiggly roads make me sickly. Books are stacked everywhere in the house, we only have one bookcase that displays cameras instead of books so I have little piles of read, unread and half read books scattered about the living room and bedroom. My books probably drive Matt insane but the stacks make me happy.

No comments: