Wednesday 25 August 2010

bookish craft swap sent and received

Things I recieved from Kirsty in the Bookish Craft swap

Appologies in advance for my stupendously bad photography, but H did help me and the past few weeks have been non stop! I recieved some lovely purple fabric (that might become a doll), a green and blacks espresso chocolate bar (which is now gone), a beautiful framed photograph of a page of Kirsty's favourite Poppy Z. Brite book (which I will hang up when I paint the bedroom...eventually), a teastained copy of a Scottish poem, red buttons, and two books!
The Midwich Cuckoos

The Midwich Cuckoos

John Wyndham
The books were The Midwich Cuckoos by John Wyndham (aka the book they made into the film Village of the Damned)

Blood Read: The Vampire as Metaphor in Contemporary Culture

Blood Read: The Vampire as Metaphor in Contemporary Culture

Brian Aldiss , Joan Gordon , Veronica Hollinger


things I sent Kirsty

A werewolfy book (Ivy Cole and the Moon by Gina Farago which looks to be collectable or something, as its showing up at a rediculous price on Amazon very odd) and a trashy witchy book by Cheynne McCray.... I made a bookmark with soem lillalotta book tape, black and red fabrics, a little needle book made from Cath Kidston fabric, a collage art doodle of a flapper girl on vintage book page, an onyx bracelet, and some fabric and buttons.


I really enjoyed this swap and can't wait to think up an idea or two for the next one...possibly a quirky film inspired swap as I was chatting on twitter the other day with the amazingly talented Monica of Happy Zombie about the amazing films Amelie and Waitress and other such quirky flicks. We daydreamed of doing a swap with a little gnome to pass along in a chain along with crafty goodies and to post a photo/postcard back to the original gnome maker. Monica thought I should design and sew a little gnome... which sent me loopy as I'm not sure my crafting is anywhere remotely near her level but she is fantastically awesome so I may listen to her and give it a go. Two weeks till school starts again and I will be able to think and craft without a certain helpful little boy being HELPFUL. hmmm I'll keep thinking about it and do some doodles in my journal/notebook.

2 comments:

Kirsty said...

I really enjoyed this swap. Thank you so much for organising it, and for my amazing parcel.

Flame said...

Oooh I was looking at the photo the other day thinking how much I liked it!

Really will sort blogging mine soon, and post my parcel {blush} I blame summer.