Thursday 5 August 2010

tired and whingy

I'm working on things honest i have abandoned my blog and crafting, but this 6 week summer holiday with out a holiday is tough stuff, Matt is so busy working and H is busy being crabby and waking at stupid o' clock every damn morning. Today I have been busy tidying the house sugarsoaping the walls, touching up paint and arguing over the darkness of the shade of grey (something called Smoulder) that I want to paint a wall in our bedroom and Matt thinks is way too dark. But its my craft room and my choice unless he wants to give up the office to me. And I don't think that will happen anytime soon.

The doll above is named Iris, I'm working on her story and I won't put her in my shop till she has a story to go with her. She is made from a vintage embroidered linen tea towel that I found at a charity shop that was badly stained and torn but I managed to rescue some of the embroidery. I have enough tea towel fabric saved to make another doll or possibly two. I really like how Iris turned out I think she is a bit of a dreamer.

Right I best go make dinner, chicken enchiladas (left over from last night but the sauce always tastes better the next day) and settle down for the night and watch a bit more of V the mini series... the original one, we haven't seen the new one yet.

I will be posting a few recipes in the next day/week/whenever and having a giveaway too!

really really gone now... I'm starving.

4 comments:

x vInTaGe VioLeT x said...

oooh iris is cute - love vintage embroidered linens! i also loved that series V has it aged ok?

jillytacy said...

I had to look up sugar soaping, but now I get it. Have fun painting, I'm sure it will look great when you're done. I hope H feels better soon. Crabby is no fun!
Iris is very cute. I love the embroidered linen!

Tamsyn said...

Love Iris, can't wait for her story :)
If it is your room you ahould paint it the colour you happiest with :)I am about to decorate our kitchen/dining room the minute my DP goes off for a weeks break..going to be fun ;)x

Kay B said...

This is a nice blog. I originally found your blog on being a 'scanner', which I am too. I still can't get the hang of blogging though. My blog is bare because I don't know what to do with it.

Anyway, thank you for sharing your creativity, thoughts, and musings of every day life. Maybe, some day, I'll understand how to organize my thoughts, scrape my self-esteem off the ground, and have the courage to work on my own blog.