Coconut and Almond Bark
Ingredients:2x bars dark chocolate (150g bars )
1 cup almonds (toasted)
1 1/2 cups dessicated coconut
2 tablespoons light brown sugar
1 teaspoon butter (or marg)
line a baking sheet with parchment/baking paper
1. melt the chocolate, sugar and butter over a low heat.
2. add the almonds and 1 cup of coconut to the melted chocolate and stir gently.
3. Pour the mixture onto the baking paper lined cookie sheet and spread evenly with a spatula.
4. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of coconut over the cooling mixture.
5. Refrigerate the bark for 1-2 hours or until set then cut into squares or break gently.
cook's notes: While we were in the states Harrison was introduced to Almond Joy bars ( a Bounty bar with almonds for those in the UK ) he was addicted. So yesterday I got it in my head to make some coconut candy and add almonds to them... but that was more work than I had time for so I decided to make bark instead which I suppose is basically a thinner version of rocky road and all I needed to do was melt the chocolate and stir everything up. Easy peasy. There is a little bit of the bark left hidden behind some vegetables in the fridge all the rest has been nibbled up, so that must mean its good stuff no? I think so anyway. I may tinker with the recipe a bit when I make it next time to perfect it... it doesn't really need the sugar and butter but the cocolate was very dark and that would have lead to rebellion...although I would have been happy.