Thursday 25 November 2010

Sour Cream Cherry Cake


Sour Cream Cherry Cake

Ingredients:

2 cups self raising flour
1 ¼ cups caster sugar
1 cup sour cream ( soured cream if you are in the UK)
2 tsp vanilla
2 large eggs
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup cherries (pitted and sliced in half)

Directions:

mix the dried ingredients in a bowl.

In a separate bowl mix the sour cream vanilla and eggs. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix thoroughly .

fold in the cherries.

spook the mix into a cake pan (grease and flour if needed. I used a non-stick pan)

bake for 40 - 50 min at 350 F (180 C )


cook's notes: the cake turned out great for being a lazy stir in sort of cake... by lazy I mean that it was cold out and I was out of butter and I have made muffins before with yogurt/sour cream so I googled around to find some recipes to read through then did my own thing. I do that rather a lot. Everyone enjoyed the cake so it worked out great... but I'm really going to have to do the shopping today. The cherries did sink but that didn't bother me or anyone else that had a slice. :o)

I best go get some house cleaning done before lunch and cooking Thanksgiving dinner... its a chicken this year as it was lurking in the freezer as we are having a low key holiday season this year... its been a long year and everyone needs a break.

2 comments:

lillalotta said...

Do have a lovely day, and take good care of yourself!

Giggly said...

Oh my god this looks SO good!!