Friday 2 July 2010

Claudette and Lisette


****SOLD****

Meet Claudette and Lisette, they are lovely little monsters and today has been photograph day. so Claudette (on the right) took it upon herself to trim her hair for their portrait sitting. Beautiful isn't it?

Lisette wants to be a famous singer, she sings along to everything, unfortunately she sounds like a cat in a blender. Claudette on the other hand likes to tell jokes (normally quite bad ones that are a) not funny b) rarely make any sense and c) usually in exceedingly poor taste) and practice magic tricks for she wants to be a magician when she grows up. (I dare not tell them Vaudeville is dead)

Sewn using calico, some stripy fabric I found at a garage sale in Coeur D Alene, Idaho, vintage buttons, lillalotta book tape, polyfil toy stuffing, and a vintage doily. Harrison helped me age them (grunge-ify) with a mixture of coffee, vanilla, and cinnamon while we sat in the garden deciding what Claudette and Lisette liked to do. For the record they both hate sprouts and love orange candies.

5 comments:

Talia said...

Gorgeous! And I love their little histories. You're so good at making these!

Meikoningin said...

Hahahahahaha :D I love these girls ^^ Claudette seems like a lot of (naughty) fun ;)

clairetweet said...

I like these two. Together forever!

lillalotta said...

{sorry} Had to buy it. My fingers did all the talking. Just love them all xx

jillytacy said...

Lovely dolls! The singing like a cat in a blender made me laugh!