Sunday 25 July 2010

Today I baked cupcakes...

Beautiful (or as close to beautiful as I can get because I'm clumsy and a disaster when it comes to perfection) delicious vanilla cupcakes with raspberry cream cheese icing....

....and then I turned my back for 30 seconds to sort out something and that's when Starbuck the cat (named after the original Battlestar Galatica Starbuck, Scully's nickname on the X-files, and the coffee of course because well you should know why) heaved his lardy ass up on the counter and ate the icing off of two pretty pink cakes.

Tangy sweet fresh raspberry icing made with real raspberries, the few that H didn't pinch that is.

*sigh*

thank goodness Matt rescued the rest and we have a tray of scones that Frizbe brought over this afternoon too.

But damn that evil lardy cat.

10 comments:

clairetweet said...

They look good. I guess Starbuck thought so too...

lillalotta said...

... if you have any left over, I might jump on the counter myself :) Looks delicious!

ClaireP said...

OMG I'm so jealous of those cakes. Please can I come and live with you? I won't take up much room!?!!!! :)

Ampersand Commodities said...

hahaha, i have such a funny image of your cat chomping down on the icing!

Lisa-Marie said...

Apryl, they look amazing!

Fiona said...

Mmmm...they look lovely. I'm with the lardy cat!

jillytacy said...

They look delicious! I love raspberries.

icklebabe_com said...

Yum! They look scrummy, your cat has great taste me thinks! ;)

Craft Matters said...

Gorgeous! Cats eh?

happy zombie said...

Beautiful, Apryl! Wish I had your bakeabilities!

BTW... I liked my monitor. You might want to spray/wipe you side if it.