Sunday 4 July 2010

Oona

Once, long ago a fairy was cursed to be an ogre for ever. She was a beautiful fairy but as an ogre she was hideous. Her heart stayed fierce and pure and after many years as a cursed thing she died giving birth to a small ogre daughter with unruly black hair and a beautiful lavender eye.


...this is the story Oona tells me anyway, I'm not entirely sure about it myself, although Oona does have the most gorgeous purple eye. Oona likes spinning tales and lies spill from her mouth like wildflower honey. She tells me the ribbon she wears is for the Foxglove and Belladonna she grows in her Poison Garden. She also tells me its a ribbon for cookery that she is a great pie chef, though I'm not sure there is such a thing, but she does like to help out in the kitchen when cakes are being baked or potions must be made.

Oona is another primitive style monster, she is made from linen, cotton, polyfil, vintage buttons, a vintage doily, a snip of lillalotta ribbon, black yarn, thread, and love. She was stained with a mixture of italian espresso grounds, vanilla, and cinnamon.

"What cares I for human hearts? Soft and spiritless as porridge! A fairy's heart beats fierce and free!" (Oona in the film Legend)

Oona is now listed for sale in my etsy shop.

8 comments:

x vInTaGe VioLeT x said...

meri they get better everytime! i love the stories that go with the dolls nearly as much as the dolls!

Apryl said...

thank you Vv, funnily enough the bottom part of the doll was a salvaged project I started for you that failed miserably so I tore it apart and send something else instead!

Unknown said...

Aww! Such a cute story and adorable doll
Gemxxx

Gina said...

She is great fun!

Kirsty said...

I love these primitive dolls and the stories that go with them. Devin and I sit and read the blog entries together.

Meikoningin said...

Hihi :D Your stories make me giggle ! Love the dolls, well done ;)

lillalotta said...

You are really onto such a winner with these dolls!! I just love mine!

jillytacy said...

Love it! What a sweet vintage ogre!