Monday 19 July 2010

Vintage Spool Button Stamps

Vintage Spool Button Stamps

A few months ago Megan (Vintage Violet) of maximum RABBIT designs sent me a lovely parcel for my birthday, in the parcel was a little kit she had devised to make a button stamp. I kept the little kit in my desk waiting for the perfect project to use it on. Today I found that project in a plain little tea towel I bought from Ikea a few weeks back.

Vintage Violet make a button stamp kit

So after I finishes all my housework for the day I sat down to craft, putting together the stamps made from vintage spools and decorating them with some torn strips of vintage book pages. I love how the stamps turned out and they were really fun to stamp with. I have told Megan she needs to sell the kits in her etsy shop... you would buy them wouldn't you? So please put some button kits in your shop Megan!!!!

button tea towel

I stamped the tea towel with fabric inks, I only have red and espresso (OK its black but it sounds better as espresso doesn't it? I didn't name it that) coloured inks but I need to order more as I have a stack of tea towels to stamp through!

and a close up

p.s. don't forget to leave a comment on the doll giveaway post, I will draw a name on Friday!!!

12 comments:

Ampersand Commodities said...

that looks awesome! good work!and i think your write, espresso is much cooler!

jillytacy said...

This is so cute! I love how the towel turned out!

cupotea said...

They stamps are so cute!

x vInTaGe VioLeT x said...

hey they look cool on your spools ooh that rhymed! i'm liking the button tea towel idea :o)

Lisa at lil fish studios said...

Oh my goodness, the tea towel is adorable!

Gina said...

They are lovely! I would buy one.

clairetweet said...

Tell you what, stamped personalised tea towels would make lovely presents for people too! ;o)

Izabela said...

this really great! the buttons are perfect print for anything actually, love it!
x

Unknown said...

I love the tea towel gorgeous colours. The button stamp kit is such a cool idea too!

Anonymous said...

First off I want to say terrific blog! I had a quick question in which I'd like to ask if you do not mind. I was interested to know how you center yourself and clear your head before writing. I've had a hard time clearing my thoughts in getting
my ideas out. I do enjoy writing but it just seems
like the first 10 to 15 minutes tend to be wasted just trying to figure out how to begin.
Any suggestions or hints? Thank you!

My website; NFL wholesale Jerseys

Anonymous said...

Magnificent web site. A lot of useful info here.

I am sending it to several pals ans additionally sharing in delicious.
And naturally, thank you in your sweat!

Visit my web site :: Sac Louis Vuitton

Anonymous said...

This piece of writing provides clear idea
designed for the new visitors of blogging, that actually how to do
blogging.

my blog :: Christian Louboutin UK (ngosummit.com)