Tuesday 26 February 2008

One Yellow Flower and One Blue Painting


sunshine yellow flower at Cauldwell's Mill today

I seriously lost my crafting mojo the other day when everything went all to hell but I have had a lovely day out today. We went to Caudwell's Mill in Rowsley, Derbyshire, one of H's favourite places in the world. It was all sunshine and gust of wind with the promise of spring in the air. I feel really refreshed and ready to throw myself into doing some crafting.

Before going to the mill M and I had a dig around in his mother's attic and I found this painting I did of Louis Brooks probably about 9 or 10 years ago... eek I'm getting old. Its not bad I'm not sure about the blue being a bit too blue. She is sitting on the mantle stairing at me daring me to do something with her as she had been forgotton for so long. I might se if I have give her a bit of a revamp and recycle her a bit, maybe darken the painting down a little so she fits in with the colour scheme of the rest of the house.



p.s. if you scroll down a bit you will see that I uploaded new pictures of the yellow opal bracelets.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like the Blue i.e. not too blue.
It's great, looks a bit like Katie Holmes new hair do or is my eyesight really rubbish ?

Any luck with your pics on Etsy? I am half way through another painting/ collage.

Looking forward to seeing what the next next challenge is.

Laurie
x

Frizbe said...

painting looks good :-)