Wednesday 17 September 2008

Deep Blue Sea


blue quartz and silver bracelet


How fantastic are the blue quartz beads in this bracelet? They arrived yesterday and I couldn't stop playing with them until I created this. I know I am one for not linking fussy jewellery but these beads really do stand alone. They are synthetic quartz but beautifully cut into faceted pillow shapes and pair beautifully with my favourite sterling silver seed beads. The bracelet reminds me of the sea.




crystal quartz, onyx, and red jade bracelet


I know another black and red theme but I saw necklace in a magazine and I had to do something with the faceted quartz crystal beads I ordered the other week. It looks quite effective and sits nicely on the wrist.


lace agate and white jade pendant

Last but not least is a red lace agate and white jade pendant that I made for the diabolical that was the Marehay Show. It didn't sell but was often looked at. Too expensive for the venue I suppose though I really love the piece, its very pretty though the light escapes every time I attempt to photograph it. I will be placing it for sale on etsy Friday.

5 comments:

Suzanne Vaughan said...

Meri - I love the blue bracelet!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work :)

jillytacy said...

I love the deep blue sea bracelet. It's gorgeous!

Hells said...

Another huge thumbs up for the blue bracelet. And the lace agate is beautiful too.

Frizbe said...

I really love the necklace, it is lovely in person, hanker, hanker....