Monday 8 September 2008

First Day of School

Today was H's first day of school, he went off like a happy little trooper swinging his bag and eager to run into the school. We shall see how long that lasts before he tires of it. I cried of course, once we got to the safety of the car, and again when we got to my happy place AKA Starbucks for a sniffle over a latte. I am so proud of him for being such a brave little boy happily going off to his first day of school but at the same time where did my little boy go? my little baby?


Giveaway update: I haven't had a chance to sort things out for the giveaway so I'm going to let it run till Wednesday the 10th and give everyone a few extra days to sign up. thanks everyone for the lovely comments so far its really touched me the kindness of everyone.

7 comments:

Frizbe said...

Awwwww {{{Hugs}}} he's growing up eh! your welcome to borrow dd2 anytime you're missing a smaller one ;-) Fingers x'd they all go in tomorrow ok too! once the novelty wears off.

jillytacy said...

Babies grow up way to fast! It will get easier to watch him go off to school. He'll be learning so many new things so it will be good for hom and you might even come to enjoy having a few moments to yourself.

Anonymous said...

Hi I've been trying to reach you by email for a while now. I need more info on my swap partner's aaddress and I have not been able to get a response. Could you please help. Thanks

Unknown said...

he'll always be your baby, you can rest easy there!

Ayama-chan said...

At least he didn't put his hands on his hips and tell you to stop ruining his fun (like I did to my mum...). Hopefully he will continue enjoying the adventure school is. But I will agree that your baby grows up too soon... CT might be 18 months on Sunday but man this time last year she could only manage to sit up by herself for 5 mintues at a time....

Chloe said...

Well done H!
And have a mum hug from me.

Its not easy leaving them for the first day.
I am dreading the next two!

Meg said...

Wow, that's kind of crazy that the little guy is off to school. Can't say I'll ever know what it's like, but it's crazy just to hear.