Friday 12 September 2008

strange fruit

faceted onyx and red jade bracelet
Ok I totally admit to being obsessed with black and red jewellery at the moment, and here is another example of black and red, a second Poison Apple Bracelet, with a single vibrant red jade bead and a silver plated apple toggle clasp. How cute is this? well I think it is anyway, and it will be going up for sale on my etsy shop later today.


a larger image of the whole bracelet


purple jade choker

I am also in love with this simple purple jade choker, I wish that the sun would come out because this image does the necklace no justice, its really pretty I just love the mauve-y purple colour of the jade beads. I really really want to keep this for myself because its my favourite shade of purple.

what else have I been up to recently....?



vintage green linen handkerchief

Oh yes I remember....I found this green linen handkerchief in a basket at the antiques store in town, there are some lovely embroidered treasures there but I was looking for something that was plain to embroider myself. When I found this brilliant green handkerchief I knew it was perfect to practice my doodle embroidery on. And I even knew who it would be for, Katy as she loves green, and she sent us some beautiful flowers a few days after we moved house. I sadly neglected to photograph the flowers, something to do with not having found the box the camera was in yet.

I must have doodled a dozen different motifs and squiggles before I decided on a shoe and the words "shoe love", if you know Katy and her blog then you will know why. Oh and it had to be in orange, I was quite tempted to do a Halloween doodle with Gilbert the Ghostie and a pumpkin but I think the shoe works fine and I hope Katy likes it.

closeup of orange shoe love embroidery

8 comments:

x vInTaGe VioLeT x said...

oh the jewellery is beautiful - love the apple toggle.

katy is a very lucky lady - your embroiderey is fantastic - very quirky!

KittyKat said...

I love those doodles, they are absolutely charming.

That jewellery is beautiful too. The bracelet is my favourite.

Hells said...

Wow - from someone who professed to be unable to sew..you seem to have found quite a talent there.
Love the jewellery too.

Ayama-chan said...

Wow that doodle embroidery looks great. Um I hate to tell you this, but you can sew. That's what embroidery is. :D Your wares look impressive as well. Off to your Etsy store to see if you have anything my friend would go gaga over. :D

jillytacy said...

The embroidery looks great! I immediately thought of Katy when I saw it and had to giggle when I saw it really is for her. Soul Monday rocks!
I love the poison apple jewelery and paintings in your Etsy shop!

Sam Gillespie said...

Beautiful jewellery Meri and LOVE the handkerchief.
x

Chloe said...

The hanky is excellent.
You've got it spot on for Katy!

I love the bracelet too.

Unknown said...

Ooh, lovely goodies, the black and red jewellery is fab, very goth :)
x