Tuesday 18 November 2008

recycling the kitchen tiles


upcycled/recycled stone tiles (aka magnets to be)
In a box in the garage are several sheets of unused sheets of small stone tiles left over from the kitchen. In an attempt to amuse myself yesterday I dragged my paints, and tatty paint brushes out and had a go at painting on stone. My idea is to turn them into magnets, once I have sourced some strong magnets to glue to the back of the tiles.


teal cup (my favourite)
I think they look pretty good for a small quick experiment, and once I have found some magnets and sprayed some varnish/lacquer on top they will make a great little stocking stuffer for Christmas. The teal cup and the toadstool are my favourites so far, and I have a few more sheets of tiles to rip from the backing and have a play with. When I have found some magnets I will share with you what I have found and maybe write a mini tutorial if anyone would be interested?

a starbuck's red cup for M






7 comments:

Unknown said...

they look great! Nice idea for christmas too.

Anonymous said...

hands up for a tutorial. these look amazing apryl!!

x vInTaGe VioLeT x said...

they look lovely - toadstool and teal cup my favourites.

Lucykate Crafts... said...

cute : )

Izabela said...

they look really great! I like the idea
x

Suzanne Vaughan said...

They are lovely Meri!

Frizbe said...

Love them! would look nice on my freezer ;-)