Friday 18 June 2010

Cordelia

Say hello to Cordelia! She is a bit shy, loves tea and biscuits, hates slugs with a passion, and often hides herself away in books. Unfortunately she has no arms so she must rely on others to turn the pages for her. She pretends she watches documentaries about weaving, the black plague and anthropology, but really she watches TV cop shows (CSI and Criminal Minds), and shows with geeks in (The Big Bang Theory) and vampire shows too (True Blood, Buffy, Moonlight, and Angel). She likes to think she is prim and proper, but she can cuss like a sailor when she wants to.

Cordelia is my attempt at a primitive style doll, I have dabbled a few times before with primitive style art (the rustic quality appeals to me). She is made from red and white ticking, calico fabric, vintage doily, ribbon, lillilotta book tape, vintage buttons, wool, thread, poly-fil, and stained with tea and coffee. I do like how she has turned out and I'm considering opening my etsy shop to sell her but I haven't the foggiest clue what amount to list her for. Any ideas my lovely readers?

8 comments:

Apron Thrift Girl said...

I love your new look and banner. Pricing art? I have no idea. My 4 pieces of art which I think are priced well for the amount of work I put into them sit in my etsy shop day after day. But I think Cordelia is lovely and am so glad that Moonlight was mentioned in her list of Vamp shows.

lillalotta said...

Loving the look of your new banner! Nicenice! And Cordelia must be related to me! I would love some one to turn the book pages for me. Great work. Do make more. Pricing I honestly would not know. Difficult. Please make another one!

Unknown said...

Oh what a cute little guy. Love him.

x vInTaGe VioLeT x said...

gosh Cordelia sounds kinda familiar. . . . . and is rather lovely :o)
as for pricing i obviously have no idea as i haven't sold a thing in ages even though some of my items get loads of interest no-one wants to buy 'em!!!!

Talia said...

She's lovely. But pricing is hard...I think I probably underprice a lot of my stuff for the most part, but still no one buys it!

Great to see you crafting again though!

Clairetweet said...

Is Cordelia your long lost sister from another (more coffee stained) world? She looks like she could be trouble! I have never really sold anything I made as I find linking creativity to cash really difficult. Loving the typewriter. Must go to Tansley tomorrow...

Annie B said...

LOVE Cordelia - great work - I couldn't bear to let her go if it was me...she has such great character!

Meikoningin said...

Soo sweet :D i bet you two are reading together often ! Does she get irritated when you read slower than she does and she has to wait for you to turn the page ? ;)