Monday 14 June 2010

typewriter

Found a little treasure while walking around the Tansley Carboot Sale. A little white typewriter, Matt and I explained what it was to H who was fascinated by ye olde teche. We asked how much and the little old lady who owned it said £2....bargain.. we snaffled it up and took it home and H played on it for the rest of the day.

This morning H typed up his spelling words on it and was very pleased with himself. I had a little play with it myself too, and managed to get a couple of relatively decent photos too!

2 comments:

x vInTaGe VioLeT x said...

omg how strange - last week as i was checking out the charity shops i spotted a gorgeous and very old typewriter - the old ladies in the shop were totally flummoxed as it had no price so i left my number so they could ring me with a price - they were muttering about £5 {which seemed a bargain to me} next day after 2 non messages on the answer phone i popped back and bought it for a fiver whoop! the kids loved it and N played at it for ages!
gawd sorry for overlong comment!!!

Anonymous said...

I recently found an old Smith Corona at Goodwill and snatched it up immediately.

Funny how such little things can make us so happy.