Sunday 16 November 2008

crap day at the pamper fair

Had a really crap day at the pamper fair organized by the parents of H's school, it was very well organized, we advertised everywhere and sent leaflets home with all the parents but it wasn't enough. only about 10 parents came to the event which was quite shameful as the event was to raise money for the school Christmas fair, Santa and presents for the kids.

there were a lot of stall holders but no people really. Some of stalls closed down early and went home... I stayed till the end but only made one sale, to the main organizer of the event. I think she felt sorry for me. Everyone felt really down about the event after all the effort to organize it. I was supposed to give a percentage of my sales to the school but I only sold the one bracelet, to the main PTA lady and she wouldn't have me give the money in... so I bought a few snacks to at least give some money back to the school.

My only other pet peeve at the event, aside from it being a ghost town, was that i was next to one of those stalls selling shitty- glittery tat from China. "Any item of rhinestone encrusted crap, that will tarnish your skin and fall apart on the first wear for a fiver."

argh....

p.s. my little table did look nice but you will have to wait a few days for pictures as M has the camera, and my computer is poorly again... *sigh*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How awful after all that effort. No wonder you felt so bummed out. I have never understood why people are so slack with school fundraisers... I have always actively supported them and I am usually one of the teachers....

Frizbe said...

Well I made it! and I did manage to buy a few bits and bobs from the odd stall, though I have to admit, it wasn't loads, but agree was totally undersupported, what a shame, after lots of effort too :-(

Unknown said...

What a shame ! 'Made in China' is my really big bugbear. How can we compete (especially in this current climate) with their prices. Not everyone appreciates and is willing to pay for handcrafted items in the UK which is such a shame.
I've got the first of my fairs this Saturday but am not holding out too much hope ...