Wednesday 12 November 2008

Through the Woods


A few days ago I recieved a lovely package from Selena for the Fairy Tale Swap I ran what seems like ages ago, inside the package was a lovely note from Selena and some beautiful gifts. My favourite fairy tale, or at least one of them is Little Red Riding Hood, so Selena gathered together some beautiful red felt, some Japanese red riding hood fabric and commisioned her friend to make the most beautiful felt wall hanging.
The above image doesn't really do it any justice, it lovely, with such pretty little details, in the curling blond hair, the vibrant flowers, and velvet ribbon and vintage button fasteners. Thank you very much Selena, and your very talented friend Jacki for making me so happy.
If you haven't been to Selena's Apron Thrift Girl Blog please visit her, he blog is brilliant, and she took some lovely photos of the things I sent her. which I erm sorta forgot to photograph in my haste to send the package to her. Thanks again Selena for swapping with me and for taking the time to send me lovely emails, and to witter on with me about Dr. Horrible, Buffy, the crew of the Serenity, and stealing Melinda's house, and the house from Practical Magic too.
Oh and Selena, just so you know the knitted cuff is also a java jacket for your coffee/tea cup when at a coffee shop, better than the card board ones. I always carry one in my purse, it makes me smile to place it on my coffee cup and sit down with it. It doesn't matter if anyone else notices, just a little handmade something that brings a little happiness into the day.

red felt and Japanese red riding hood fabric

p.s. I hope everyone had fun with the swap, and perhaps we can do another Fairy Tale Swap in the new year.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

that's beautiful! Lucky you!!!

Craft Matters said...

What gorgeous things - what you sent and what you got of course.

Would love to do another fairy tale swap.

Anonymous said...

And I also forgot to mention all of the goodies you sent me that the kids and Dave stole from me. I'm sorry I got the cuff wrong. I was wondering how you wear it with the beautiful bead. It kept hitting my hand. I'm such a goof sometimes. I'll stick it in my bag so that I can use it properly with lattes. Thanks again Apryl.

x vInTaGe VioLeT x said...

ooohhh Meri wow what a fantastic swap present - love it.

i'd soooo be up for another fairytale swap !!!

jillytacy said...

That is gorgeous! I love fairytales and enjoyed participating in the swap!